Neda Soofi is a former shareholder of Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt, where her practice was focused in the areas of business, tax & estate planning, and she specialized in employee benefits and ERISA. She also specialized in providing advice regarding the design, evaluation and management of retirement, compensation and benefit plans, and other HR-related programs. In addition, Neda has expertise in mergers and acquisitions with regard to integrating employee and benefit plans and resolving employee-related issues. During her time as an attorney, she has developed and evaluated qualified and non-qualified deferred compensation plans, incentive pay and stock option agreements. Neda is also certified in global benefit management.
Neda has a master’s degree in international law. In addition, she has five years of legal experience overseas in banking laws, commercial contracts, real estate and commercial transactions, as well as legal and financial advising. She is a native reader, speaker and writer of Farsi, and has satisfactory comprehension of Arabic.
Professional & Community Activities
Neda is an active member of the Oregon State Bar, participating in many of the Bar’s sections including the Taxation, Business Law, Elder Law, and Estate Planning & Administration sections. In addition, she is a member of the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans, Western Pension & Benefits Conference, and PHRMA.
Neda served on the Board of Directors and Executive Committee of Elders in Action. She participated in the Lewis and Clark Tax Clinic during the winter and spring of 2001, representing low income taxpayers.
Admitted to Practice
- Oregon State Courts
- Washington State Courts
- United States Tax Court
- United States District Court, District of Oregon
- United States District Court, District of Washington
Articles & Lectures
- International Monetary Fund (written in Farsi)
Co-author, The Oregon Human Resources Manual 2008, published by Associated Oregon Industries
- Author and Lecturer, 409A: Identifying Arrangements Subject to Non-qualified Deferred Compensation Rules, 2008
- Author, Compliance with the IRC Section 409A: Action is Required by Year End!
- Author, COBRA “Second Chance” Notices Are Due by April 18
- Author, COBRA Changes Effective March 1, 2009
- Certificate in Global Benefit Management (2007)
- Northwestern School of Law, Lewis & Clark College, Juris Doctor degree, Certificate in Federal Tax (2001)
- University of Tehran, Master of Science degree in International Law (1994)
- University of Tehran, Bachelor of Science degree in Judicial Sciences, with honors (1988)